|Sales Tax:||4%||State Tax + 3% (7%)||State Tax + 3% (7%)||No City Sales Tax|
|Land Area:||459,425 sq. mi.||433 sq. mi.||329 sq. mi.||6 sq. mi.|
State of Georgia: http://georgia.gov
Gwinnett County: https://www.gwinnettcounty.com
Walton County: http://www.waltoncountyga.gov
City of Loganville: http://www.loganville-ga.gov/
School Board Websites:
Georgia Department of Education: http://www.gadoe.org/Pages/Home.aspx
Gwinnett County Public Schools: http://publish.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps/home/public
Walton County School District: http://www.walton.k12.ga.us
Various Georgia Laws
- Obtain Driver's License: 30 Days - (If you're moving in from out-of-state)
- Vehicle License Plate Registration: 30 Days - (If you're moving in from out-of-state)
- Vehicle Registration After Purchase: 7 Days - (Everybody)
- Headlights Are Required in Inclement Weather.
- Move-Over-Law: A driver will move to the furthest lane when passing any emergency vehicle or garbage truck stopped on the side of the road. If you can't change lanes, reduce speed to at least 10 m.p.h. lower than the posted speed and be prepared to stop. See Georgia Code, Title 40-6-16.
- Slowpoke Law: Drivers in the left lane on any highway or interstate must move over if a faster car approaches them, even if you are doing the speed limit.
- Center Lane: It’s illegal to use the center lane to merge into traffic.
- Intersection Lights Completely Out: Treat it as a four-way stop. Right-of-way goes to whoever comes to the stop first.
- Intersection Lights Flashing: Yellow flashing light; proceed with caution. Red flashing light; Stop! Yield to the Yellow flashing side.
- Texting while driving: It’s illegal to text in a car - even if the car is stopped . . .even at traffic lights and stop signs.
- Cell Phone use while driving: Drivers under the age of 18 shall not use a cell phone at all.